Welcome to the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America Inc.’s Sickle Cell Disease Educational Information Repository (SCD Repository) which was designed to provide an up-to-date directory of disease education, information and resources.
The SCD Repository was developed as a product of the HRSA-funded Sickle Cell Disease Newborn Screening Follow-up Program (SCDNBSFP) which is comprised of sixteen (16) community-based organization (CBO) partnerships. The SCDNBSFP provides recruitment, care coordination, education and outreach to individuals living with sickle cell disease and their families.
It is our hope that the SCD Repository will help you understand SCD risk factors, signs, symptoms, treatment options and more. We invite you to explore the site now to get the information you need. To learn more about the mission and work of SCDAA, please visit: www.sicklecelldisease.org
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Inc. (SCDAA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB)
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA)
Data & Statistics
It is estimated that:
- Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) affects approximately 100,000 Americans.
- SCD occurs in 1 out of every 365 Black or African-American births.
- SCD occurs among about 1 out of every 16,300 Hispanic-American births.
- 1 in 13 Black or African-American babies is born with sickle cell trait (SCT).
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018
ON WORLD SICKLE CELL DAY,...
19 June 2019 ROSEMONT, PA, June 19, 2019 - This World Sickle Cell Day, Medunik…Details
Texas State Representative Jarvis Johnson...
Sickle Cell Association of Houston has been working on new state legislation in Texas, and…Details
GBT Launches ACCEL Grants Program...
February 22, 2019 | —The Access to Excellent Care for Sickle Cell Patients Pilot Program…Details